Monday, May 12, 2008

Q&A - How to make time to organize?

Q: I'm in a serious decluttering mode, but can't find the time to do it! What do you suggest? I am not a huge clutterbug, but now with 4 kids in a 1700 sq. ft. home, it's very necessary to purge.


A: I suggest picking a time every day and giving yourself 15 mintues or 1/2 hour to work. Tell your kids that that is your quiet work time and let them watch a video or do a special activity that keeps them quiet. Or you can wait until your husband gets home and do it then.

Another thing I tell clients is to take a serious look at your time. I notice that people think they don't have a lot of time, but really they are frittering it away doing other things (internet, watching t.v., talking on the phone, etc). Maybe log how you spend your time each day for a week and then decide on cutting back on something else to make time for what needs to get done. Good luck!!

No comments: